Thursday, March 02, 2006

Roller Coaster

It has been an eventful couple of weeks with some crazy ups and downs. School is going really well. My supervisor from PC was here and got a really positive evaluation of me from the administration at my school. On the other hand, my electricity has been out for a week and my best buddy in PC, Nathan, is heading home early. I must say I'm disappointed to hear that news. I was also sick last week so I missed the Nganza graduation (see last two posts) and all my fans (who were the ones graduating) have left and I can't roam the school like a rock star anymore. Oh well, such is life. My buddy Ryan, the one at Nganza, tells me how everyone has crazy highs in lows in the Peace Corps and I have to tell you it's completely true. Most days I'll at some point feel like I'm the luckiest guy in the world to be here and at some point be desperate to be back home. It's a strange roller coaster ride, but it's starting to seem normal. Problems come, but I deal with them. If I can't deal with in by myself, then most likely there are friends or neighbors who can help me out. It's a strange life I'm living here. It's usually not easy, but that's ok. I didn't come here for an easy life.

Not much internet time today, so keeping this short.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just hang on and enjoy the ride. You're doing great.

Love,

Dad

Dalen said...

Yesterday my teacher apologized for the crazy difficulty involved in trying to deal with his out of control class. He asked me which kids I wanted to work with and what would be easiest for me to do. My response was that if I wanted an easy job, I wouldnt be there. Everyday, even though I am here, I spend 7 hours of 100% emotional invenstment in these kids, and it exhausts me. I imagine youre doing the same, if not more. Stick it out, youre almost half way eh?

being great

--DAlen