Monday, July 03, 2006

Waiting

Well, Kenny and dad have left, so I'm back on my own. There isn't a whole lot to report about my impending move, but I'll write what I know.

It still looks like I'll go to Lushoto. One school PC was looking at didn't work out, but another looks like it will. I should know in the next day for sure. If I do go there I'll be close to some other volunteers and not far from town. If it is indeed my new site I'll post some more details about the school.

It is possible however, that this school also will not work out. If it doesn't then I will probably be send to the southern highlands. There are a lot of PCVs down there, so that could work out too. I did visit Njombe down there in November, and had a good time.

So basically it's all up in the air. Hopefully I can post again this week to write something definate. Meantime, thanks for all the comments.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We spoke with Andrew yesterday and indeed he will be moving to Lushoto sometime pretty soon. He'll post a new mailing address when he can. He appreciates letters very much.

Doug Clark

Jess said...

Andrew -

I'm sorry you are going through all this right now. Adjusting to culture and language changes is enough--let alone all this. I'm glad you had a good time with your dad and brother, even so--and I'm glad they were with you to be of support.

The loss of things like pictures and your laptop are the worst--totally irreplaceable. Please do let us know if there are other things we can help with. And most certainly you continue in our prayers at First Pres.

In Christ,
Jess

Anonymous said...

Andrew moved Friday to a school a couple of hours outside Lushoto. His initial impressions were favorable. He won't have easy access to Internet service but will update the blog when he can.

Thanks, Justin, I'm fine.

Doug Clark

Dalen said...

justin! where are you? whats your email?

andrew moved? well, good luck man. if you want, i think my old roomy might let you borrow his AK that he keeps under his bed.

back into the forest fire i go.

--Dalen

Anonymous said...

Andrew's new address is:

Kongei Secondary School
P.O. Box 61
Lushoto, Tanga, Tanzania

Doug Clark

Andrew said...

Thanks for the comments. I am indeed in Lushoto now. It's beautiful here, but it's quite different. I will say that so far the school has been amazing. Thanks for the F1 update, Justin. Actually it wasn't my choice to move. The decision came from Washington. Mwanza was a cool town and I'll miss it, but this should be a good move.